The Sling TV app, website redesign
Senior Product Designer
Envisioning the future of TV
The Spotify Podcast app is a product design concept that explores the opportunities and implications of Spotify adopting a stand-alone podcast app.
In 2015, Spotify made the bold move to allow podcasts on its music platform. At that time, podcasts weren’t really a big deal, but now they’re a huge deal, and cannot be ignored. The #1 spot for the best podcast app has recently opened up because of Apple Music’s recent train wreck —Apple Podcasts, which is slow and complicated. What if Spotify took the reigns?
Problems with Spotify 2019
1. I had no idea, Spotify has podcasts?
2. Too many clicks to arrive at a podcast.
3. It doesn't have all podcasts.
4. Lacks a rating and review system.
5. Mixing music and podcasts messes with the discovery algorithm.
6. It doesn’t have global and national top charts.
A stand-alone Spotify podcast app.